- Travel at your own pace and enjoy the independence of this self guided electric bike tour
- We will look after all logistics for you for a three day pack free cycle
- The pedal assist technology of the electric bikes makes cycling the hinterland terrain, on quiet back roads, so much easier allowing you to enjoy the breath taking scenery of spotted gum forests, coastal trails and dairy pastures
- Immerse yourself in nature and look out for our incredible wildlife
- Stay on a beautiful property on the outskirts of the National Trust Village of Central Tilba. Enjoy stunning views to the ocean and access the Bellbrook Loop Walk directly from the property
- Stop along the way to enjoy local wines, ales and delicious local produce from the South Coast
WHO: 12 YEARS AND ABOVE MIN: 1 PAX MAX: 6 PAX
HOW LONG: 3 Days 2 Nights
WHEN: DEPARTS 2 PM FROM NAROOMA RETURN 4 PM TO NAROOMA ON DAY 3
10th to 14th November 2022
16th to 20th February 2023
27th April to 1st May 2023
14th to 18th September 2023
WHERE: The tour starts and finishes at our shop -The Naroooma Visitors Information Centre,45 Princes Highway Narooma NSW 2546.
Drive time: 4.5 hrs from Sydney, 3 hrs from Canberra. Flying: Moruya Airport 45 mins drive Merimbula Airport 1.3 hrs drive
FITNESS LEVEL: The terrain in the hinterland of Narooma and Tilba has some steep hills. Whilst the electric bike helps enormously with this an intermediate level of fitness is required. Must be proficient in bike riding.
- 2 Nights accommodation at The Bryn at Tilba on a twin shared basis with private facilities (Choose specific rooms when booking)
- 2 Continental Breakfasts - all other meals and drinks are not included.
- Electric Bike hire from 2 pm on Day 1 to 4 pm on Day 3. Hire includes helmets, paniers front and back, chargers and bike locks.
- Cycle Route Maps
- Optional extras of things to do while you are in the region
BRING: Refillable water bottle, Sunscreen, Sun hat for walks, Wear comfortable shoes and clothing suitable for bike riding, wet weather raincoat. Luggage will be transported to the hotel for you and back to Narooma.
There is no better way to get to know the Narooma and Tilba region than by electric bike. The pedal assist technology of the electric bikes makes the ride so much easier which means that you can ride further and take the time to enjoy the spectacular scenery along the way. Being a self guided tour means that you can choose which route you would like to take and where you would like to stop and for how long. The quiet country roads meander their way through dairy pastures, spotted gum forests with views over Gulaga (Mount Dromedary) a mountain sacred to the local Yuin First Nations people. There are a number of unique experiences that you can add on to your tour which are available as extras when booking:
Optional Extras (not included. Can be booked separately as you go through the booking) :
- Cheese and Ale Tasting at Tilba Real Dairy
- Walk the beach and learn all about kelp farming with Mystery Bay Kelp including tasting.
- Welcome to Country and Foraging Walk at Mystery Bay with one of the local Yuin knowledge holders
- Cheese and Gin Tasting at the Dromedary Hotel
- Dinner at the Dromedary Hotel
- Dinner at Sweet Water Restaurant
- History walk of Central Tilba
- Lunch and Wine Tasting at the Tilba Valley Winery and Ale House
- Lunch at the Mimosa Winery (Located between Bermagui and Tathra)
Make your own way to Narooma and meet at our bike shop where we will spend some time fitting the right bike for you, going over a pre-rider safety briefing giving a full run down on how to use the bikes including charging, where you can go on your self guided tour and other information regarding your accommodation. We have safe parking at the rear of our shop where you can park your car for the duration of your tour - . We will transfer your luggage to your accommodation for you so that it will be waiting there for you upon your arrival.
We will provide you with cycle maps of the region. The cycle trails are all marked (Nar 1 - 5) and are clearly marked on our map. Cycle to your accommodation in Central Tilba.
Suggestions of where to have dinner: The Dromedary Hotel is open 7 days a week for dinner. Sweet Water Restaurant is open for dinner Thursday to Sunday from 5 pm. They make great cocktails! Ask us
Being a self guided tour you can go where you want to and in your own time explore the area. Here are some of our suggestions of what you can do in the Tilba area. The beautiful National Trust Village of Central Tilba was built in the late 1800's during the Australian Gold Rush. Browse the boutique shops and enjoy a delicious ice cream from the Tilba Real Dairy. Enjoy high tea at the Tilba Tea Pot. Walk the stunning Bellbrook Loop Walk. Enjoy a pie from the Tilba pie shop. Ride to Tilba Tilba and explore this lesser known village. Enjoy lunch at La Gallette French restaurant. Ride to the base of Gulaga and then walk to the summit (This is a 4.5 hour round trip walk for advanced walkers).
Suggestions of where to have dinner:
Check out of your accommodation by 10 am. We will pick up your luggage for you and return it to our shop in Narooma ready for you to collect at the end of your cycle. Today you will be riding back to Narooma. Choose from one of the many cycle trails. Our favourite is the Nar 5 to Mystery Bay along Sunnyside Road with panoramic views to the ocean and rolling dairy pastures. There is the option today to immerse yourself in the Yuin culture on a guided walk with one of the local knowledge holders on Mystery Bay Beach. Forage for bush foods and bush medicines. We can highly recommend this transformative experience (Not included in package. Must be booked via extras). One of the regions most progressive industries is Kelp farming. There is the option today to include a tour with the owner of Mystery Bay Kelp. Learn all about the health benefits of kelp and how to farm it. Enjoy a tasting of each of the unique flavours. (Not included in package. Must be booked via extras).
Narooma Visitors Centre, 80 Princes Hwy, Narooma NSWGet Directions
Terms and Conditions